A city tax is collected by the Greater Lyon, plus a departmental (county) tax of 10%. Why? When? How? All the answers ...
What is the tax?
The various fees collected are used exclusively for the promotion of each destination, to develop tourism and to improve the reception of tourists, in conjunction with the Tourist Office.
Rates (per night per person)
- Hotels, residences and furnished 5 stars, clés, épis and City break Luxury: 2.47 €
- Hotels, residences and furnished 4 stars, clés, épis and City break Premium: 1.65 €
- Hotels, residences and furnished 3 stars, clés, épis and city break confort: 1.10 €
- Hotels, residences and furnished 2 stars, clés, épis and Village Vacances grand confort : 0.99 €
- Hotels, residences and furnished 1 Star, clé, épi, and village vacances confort, youth hostels and International staying centres: 0.83 €
- Ungraded accommodation by prefecture or accommodation whose application for classification or label has been refused: 0.83 €
- Camping 3, 4 and 5 star : 0.61 €
- Camp site 1 and 2 stars: 0.22 €
Who is affected?
A city tax is applicable on all accommodations.
It is calculated per night and based on the number of people staying at the specific accommodation.
Who is exempt?
- Children under 18 years old
- Residents of Greater Lyon (who pay local tax)
- Officials and agents of the State (upon presentation of a mission order)
- Recipients of certain social benefits (disabled, political refugees, at home-assisted elderly and transport assisted elderly , etc.)