Arriving to Lyon by car
It is not complicated as Lyon is really well served by its major roadways and highways
You can travel on the vast motorway to get to your destination quickly by taking the toll roads, or can take your time by using the national roads which are free. You can choose either route to arrive in Lyon by car.
Indeed, the city is the center of a vast road network of over 1000 km, which connects Lyon to all major cities in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region and to major European cities.
- From Geneva: it takes 1 hour and 40 minutes to Lyon
- From Clermont-Ferrand: 2 hours to Lyon
- From the ski resorts in the French Alps: roughly 2 hours and 15 minutes to Lyon
- From Turin or Marseille: it takes 3 hours to arrive in Lyon
- From Paris: it takes 4 hours and 20 minutes to arrive in Lyon
- From Barcelona: it takes 6 hours to arrive in Lyon.
In August, lots of parking spaces are free!
Get all the latest info at: www.lyon.fr/actualite/deplacements/stationnement-gratuit-en-aout
To find out about traffic conditions and choose your route and travelling times accordingly. See road traffic in Lyon in real time, or get traffic forecasts on: www.coraly.com or www.onlymoov.com to find out all about the public transport system servicing Lyon’s surrounding urban sectors.