Arriving to Lyon by Plane
There are two main airports: Saint-Exupéry International Airport and the Business Airport of Lyon located in Bron.
Lyon Saint-Exupéry International Airport
A few figures:
- It links Lyon to 115 destinations, with direct flights to more than 40 countries
- Over 138 regular links
- 65% of traffic concerns international flights
- 58 airline companies represented
- More than 10 million passengers – up to 34,000 passengers a day
- 51,629 tonnes of air freight carried
- 6,000 employees and 200 companies within the airport site.
Terminal 1 Hall B is devoted to low-cost companies, and easyJet in particular.
Hub Air France, with 3.8 million passengers.
On site, there are numerous restaurants, bars, boutiques duty free stores, services (car rental, etc.), meeting rooms, and two hotels.
Short and long-term parking (14,700 parking spaces and 2,000 member-only spaces) and shuttle services that link the airport to the main regional towns and cities.
Lyon-Saint-Exupéry TGV train station is directly accessible from Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris, and the close proximity of the motorway makes this airport very accessible.
Finally, as a sustainable airport, Lyon-Saint-Exupéry has obtained ACA3+ accreditation (Airport Carbon Accreditation), as it is now entirely carbon neutral.
Aéroport Lyon Saint Exupéry
BP 113 69125 Lyon Saint Exupéry
Tel : 08 26 80 08 26
The Welcome space at Lyon-Saint-Exupéry airport
As soon as you set foot in Lyon, you can get all the information you need from the airport WELCOME space.
165 m² devoted to reception and information, in the "Le Square" area, between terminals 1 and 2.
At your disposal:
- The tourist and airport space, where specialized advisors can provide information regarding your trip (hotel bookings, Lyon City Card, museums, guided tours, maps, etc.) and air travel (information concerning flights, airline companies, etc.)
- The travel ticket office, where you can obtain information and buy public transport tickets (for shuttles and the Rhônexpress tram that connects the airport and the La Part-Dieu train station in less than 30 minutes)
- The Lounge space and its info bar, where you can relax and stay connected, and enjoy autonomous access to information via freely available touchpads.
Non-stop access to information and tourist service sale terminals.
The WELCOME space is open 365 days a year, from 6 am to 10 pm.
The essential pass for everything there is to see and do, with airport transport included!
There is Low Cost air in Lyon:
EasyJet has inexpensive flights between Lyon and Barcelona, Berlin, Casablanca, Lisbon, London, Madrid, Marrakesh, Porto, Rome, Venice, and Bastia, Biarritz, Bordeaux, Toulouse ...
Other low cost air companies are also present at the airport: Air Corsica, Eurowings, Flybe, Hop!, Jet2.com, Transavia, Volotea, Wizzair, Wow...
Meeting at Terminal 1 Hall B!
The tram service connects Rhônexpress Lyon Part-Dieu in Lyon to St Exupery Airport in less than 30 minutes guaranteed. It provides this transportation service 365 days a year!
- Departure every quarter hour from 6 am to 9 pm
- Departures every half hour from 4.25 am to 6 am and from 9 pm to midnight
Rates (Internet based rates): www.rhonexpress.fr/presentation
Stations : Lyon Part-Dieu, Vaulx-en-Velin La Soie, Meyzieu ZI, Airport: Lyon Saint-Exupéry.
All practical information at: www.rhonexpress.fr for schedule, prices, & to purchase tickets online.
Business Airport Lyon - Bron
Lyon-Bron is the 3rd business airport in France, connected to 2000 destinations, including those not served by the regular airlines.
- 7,200 business trips
- Several Business hotels and Eurexpo are nearby.
Very easy access to and from the motorway.
15 minutes from Lyon city centre.
Lyon-Bron Business Airport
Tel : 33 (0)4 78 26 81 09
Fax : 33 (0)4 78 26 72 65