The Lyon Miam Factory presents a famous cheese recipe from Lyon
"La cervelle de Canut" is one of the main dish of the authentic lyonnais cuisine. The translation of the name ? "The silkworker's brain" ! But don't worry, it's just cheese...and the chef Grégory Cuilleron gives you his recipe !
Cervelle de Canut & Crispy Veggies, by Grégory Cuilleron
Ingredients for the Cervelle de Canut :
- 4 fromages blancs (fresh cheese)
- 1 tablespoon of sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of white wine
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- 1/2 bunch of chopped chives
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- 1 shallot
- Salt & Peper
Ingredients for the garnish
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 orange
- 1 carrot
- Grilled garlic bread
- Chop the garlic, rince the chive and snip it very thin
- Peal and slice thinly the shallot.
- Mix the fromage blanc with the garlic, the chive and the shallot (you will need to keep a bit of chive for the plate)
- Add the vinegar, the wine and the sour cream. add salt and peper, mix it all and keep it in the refregerator.
- In a saucepan, boil the juice of the orange and a glass of water
- Peal the carrot, slice it thinly and but it in the boiling saucepan.Blanch the carots for 2 minutes only (they must stay stiff)
- Rince and peal the cucumber. Help yourself with a peeler to make thin layers of cucumber and roll them. You will need 2-3 rools per plate.
Set up the plate :
- On the plate, present nicely the Cervelle de Canut, the carots and the rooled cucumber. Sprinkle with a bit of chive and serve the place with the grilled garlic bread.
Video by themiamfactory.com